2.21.2012

Baby Shower

Planning a party is one of my favorite things to do. Every detail, from the menu, to the decorations, to the table setup, I love it. I helped host a baby shower for a friend at work on Friday. I was so happy with the way that it turned out.

For decorations, we made tissue paper poms to hang from the ceiling and tissue paper flowers to put on the table. I painted a burlap pennant banner of the baby's name to hang on the wall and got some blue confetti to sprinkle on the table. (Please disregard the posters on the wall, they don't come down :) )


The shower was in the late afternoon so we didn't want to go too crazy on the food. We had fruit that we put on skewers for easy serving, little bags of popcorn, animal crackers (to go with the theme and one of the mom to be's favorites) and cupcakes. For the popcorn bags, we cut brown lunch bags in half with scalloped scissors and pulled the lion that was on the invitation and printed it on card stock and backed it with blue cardstock and stuck it on the outside of the bags.

We made little cupcake toppers using an "A", the first letter of the baby's name. I pulled the template off the internet and printed on card stock and used a circle punch to cut them out and taped them onto toothpicks.
Cupcake recipe is here

For gifts, the mom-to-be requested "essentials". Our boss made this adorable diaper cake that we used on the table for part of the decorations. I love the way she did it. I have made them before, but mine didn't turn out as good as hers did. I love that it looks like a real cake!

For my gift, I wanted to give essentials as she requested but wanted to put a cute spin on it, so thank you Pinterest for the inspiration. I saw this diaper bouquet and loved it. 

I used a plastic tub instead of a vase so she could possibly use it for some the baby's toys or bath stuff and filled it with wipes, Germ X, baby lotion, baby wash, a little frog bath mit, socks, and face and hand wipes. I rolled the diapers and wrapped a rubber band around them (I recommend using clear rubber bands, but I didn't have any so I used regular and wrapped a piece of ribbon around each one). I placed the rolled diapers on wooden dowels and pushed them into floral foam (you can also use a styrofoam cube or ball, but I had the floral foam already). I filled the gaps with tissue paper and viola!  Easy and practical! 

Have a great week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment