4.24.2012

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

While neither of us are seafood fans, Chris loves the biscuits at Red Lobster, I'm not really sure how he came to the realization that he was a fan since I know for a fact he hasn't been to a Red Lobster in at least 4 years. I decided I would be a sweet wife and try to make them for our Easter meal. Thanks to Pinterest, I found a recipe. They were amazing and Chris has made me promise I would make them for our next holiday meal, so if you are happen to be spending Thanksgiving with the Lees, you are in for a treat!



Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix (i.e. Bisquick)
- 1 cup grated cheddar (I used extra sharp)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix biscuit mix, cheese & garlic powder. Add milk and stir until well mixed. *Dough will get very sticky.

With a spoon or your fingers, shape the dough into biscuit sized clumps and drop onto the baking sheet. (I used my hands it was much easier)
*Dough will keep its shaped when cooked, so if you want pretty biscuits, pat down any peaks

Bake 10-13 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. (I baked mine about 15-18 minutes).

While biscuits bake, prepare the warm butter mixture. Mix together the melted butter, oregano & garlic salt in a small bowl. As soon as biscuits are removed from the oven, brush with butter mixture until well coated.

Serve warm. Yields 14-16 biscuits.


1 comment:

  1. From first hand experience, I can say these are delicious! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete